In preparation for its June 28 opening, Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Atlantic City has reportedly hired 3,000 of the approximately 3,500 total employees the Boardwalk property plans to eventually hire.

The former Trump Taj Mahal property, which the Seminole Tribe of Florida acquired in March last year through its Hard Rock International brand and the Morris and Jingoli families, reportedly hired 54-year-old Atlantic City resident Leonard Coleman as its 3,000th hire on Wednesday.

Offered a job as a craps dealer at the Atlantic City resort casino-hotel, Coleman was honored at the Wednesday ceremony marking the milestone event where he was greeted by Hard Rock Property President Matt Harkness, according to The Press of Atlantic City.

Commenting on the watershed event, Harkness reportedly said, ‘It bodes well for the quality level of staff of the people who are applying for positions here,’ according to the news outlet.

Harkness posed for pictures with Coleman at the Showboat hotel soon after he was told that he was the 3,000th person offered a position at the casino-hotel. Coleman, who said he has been working in the industry for nearly 10 years, is currently a dealer at Resorts Casino Hotel and Golden Nugget Atlantic City.

One of two recycled and reimagined Boardwalk casino resorts opening this year, Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Atlantic City announced on April 18 that it would be opening on June 28, while the 6.4 million square foot Ocean Resort Casino, formerly the Revel and TEN Atlantic City, expects to re-open for business this summer but has yet to announce a date.

Hard Rock celebrates 3,000th hire for Atlantic City casino was last modified: May 3rd, 2018 by K Morrison